Irregular Periods Treatment in Thane
What exactly are menstrual problems?
Menstrual problems arising during a woman’s normal menstrual cycle. They are one of the most prevalent causes for women to see a gynecologist.Menstrual disorders and their symptoms can disrupt a woman’s daily life. They may also have an impact on her ability to conceive. for Irregular Periods Treatment in Thane contact Dr. Arohi Tasgaonkar.
Types of menstrual disorders
Menstrual diseases can in a variety of forms, including:
- Abnormal uterine bleeding. Menstrual bleeding that is excessive or prolonged
- Amenorrhea. Menstrual bleeding is not present.
- Oligomenorrhea. Light or infrequent menstruation
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)-Menstruation causes physical and mental suffering.
- Premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD)-Menstruation causes severe physical and mental distress.
What causes menstrual irregularities?
Menstrual irregularities may be caused by a number of reasons, including:
- Fibroids in the uterus
- Hormonal imbalances
- Clotting disorders
- Sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
What are the signs and symptoms of a menstruation disorder?
Symptoms could include:
- Menstrual irregularities
- Cramping or pain
- Emotional distress
- Bloating or abdominal fullness
Consult your doctor if your periods are too frequent (less than 21 days apart), too infrequent (more than three months apart), or last more than 10 days.
How are menstrual disorders diagnosed?
A complete medical history and physical exam, including a pelvic exam and Pap smear, are used to make a diagnosis. You may be requested to maintain a monthly cycle record, noting dates, amount of flow, discomfort, and any other symptoms.
Additional testing may include the following:
- Blood tests
- Hormone test
- Ultrasound. To identify conditions that may be causing menstrual irregularities.
- Hysterosonography. A sterile saline ultrasound is used to enlarge the uterine cavity for improved imaging.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) (MRI). For detailed images of the uterus and its surrounding organs.
- Hysteroscopy. A procedure that uses a small, lighted telescope (hysteroscope) inserted through the vagina and cervix to examine the uterus for fibroids, polyps, or other areas of concern.
- Laparoscopy. Examines the reproductive organs for abnormalities using a small lighted device with a camera on the end (laparoscope) placed via a small incision in the abdomen.
- Biopsy of the endometrium.This procedure in which a tiny sample of the uterine lining is taken to look for abnormal cells.
- Curettage and dilation (D&C). Scraping the inner lining of the uterus and cervix to get tissue samples or to stop excessive bleeding.
How are menstrual disorders treated?
Treatment options include: lifestyle modifications, medication alternatives, and surgery.
- Changes in diet. For example, before the menstrual period, one should limit her diet of salt, caffeine, sugar, and alcohol to avoid cramping and other symptoms.
- Medical treatment. Using pain relievers and hormonal contraceptives may help minimize excessive bleeding and control and reduce menstrual flow.
- Surgical intervention. Surgery may be conducted using hysteroscopy, a minimally invasive method to assess and treat abnormalities within the uterus.
- Through laparoscopy, using a scope inserted in small incisions in the abdomen
- Using conventional abdominal procedures- Endometrial ablation, which removes the uterine lining to stop periods, and hysterectomy, which is the surgical removal of the uterus, are two procedures.
For more information & consultation on Irregular Periods Treatment in Thane | Period Problem, visit Complete Women’s Care at Ghodbunder road, Thane, or contact us at 9833074977 or simply fill in your name and number & one of our team members will get in touch with you soon. Our team of experts along with Dr. Arohi Tasgaonkar, MS (ObGy), DNB (ObGy), and one of the best Gynecologist in Ghodbunder Road Thane will help you out in understanding your problem and guide you through every stage of your treatment.