C Section Delivery Doctor in Thane
A cesarean section is the procedure of the delivering of a baby through a surgical incision. At times, during the normal delivery, there can be some complications pertaining to the risk to the baby then the doctor will rely on a C-section. If the woman or the baby are at risk, the doctor will perform a C-section. If you are in Thane and in need of a C-section delivery, it is important to seek the care of a qualified C Section Delivery Doctor in Thane who can ensure a safe delivery for you and your baby.
When Should a Doctor Suggest a C-section?
In the following situations, your doctor may advise you to have a c-section:
- When you have the possibility of having twins or triplets.
- In the event of obstructed labor.
- When the infant is in pain inside the womb.
- If the baby is large or overweight.
- Complications in the umbilical cord of the infant
- If you had prior c-section births.
- incorrect baby’s position.
- If a doctor observes placenta previa.
- If you have sexually transmitted diseases that might be passed on to your baby during vaginal delivery.
How is the procedure done?
Anesthesia is used to alleviate discomfort during this surgery. After the anesthetic takes effect, the abdomen is swabbed with an antiseptic before the doctor makes a short horizontal incision just above the pelvic region. The doctor will then incision through the deeper tissues and into the uterus. The abdominal muscles are separated manually to expose the uterus. When the doctor gets to the uterus, she will make another horizontal cut in the lower part, which is known as a low-transverse uterine incision.
Only in exceptional situations will the doctor be able to do a vertical uterine incision. This frequently occurs when the baby is early and the lower region of the uterus is too thin to cut. After this, the next step is pulling the baby out. The cord is cut carefully, and the baby is then checked by the pediatrician.
The sutures will ultimately dissolve after the C-section. The hospital stay after surgery might last three days. To alleviate the discomfort, the doctor will prescribe some pain relievers.
- Your doctor may suggest a planned c-section for a number of reasons:
- Your baby’s head is not in the proper position, and your due date is approaching.
- You have a medical condition that might worsen due to the stress of labor and vaginal delivery.
- You have an illness or infection that you might pass on to your baby via the delivery canal.
- You’re expecting twins or multiples (not all deliveries of twins require a c-section)
- you had a previous c-section (prior c-sections may not necessarily necessitate future c-sections)
- There are various circumstances that may increase the likelihood of an unexpected or emergency cesarean section. Among them include, but are not limited to:
- labor that stops suddenly, fails to progress or doesn’t progress normally \complications with the placenta, such as placenta previa, a condition in which the placenta blocks the cervix and is at risk of detaching from the uterus before it should
- The infant exhibits symptoms, such as an extremely rapid or slow heart rate.
- The infant is too large to pass via the vaginal canal.
- There are problems with the umbilical cord that put the baby at risk
What are the risks associated with C -section?
- Blood loss
- Clots of blood in the legs, pelvis, or lungs
- Injuries to nearby structures, such as the gut or bladder
- Anesthesia or medicine reaction
What is the recovery period after c-section?
Your recovery period will be longer than for a normal vaginal birth, and you will be subjected to certain physical limitations throughout the weeks-long healing process (e.g., not lifting anything heavier than your baby). Your doctor will discuss the indications of infection and how to avoid them, as well as additional postoperative care.
For more information & consultation on Cesarean delivery in Thane, visit Complete Women’s Care at Ghodbunder road, Thane or contact us on 9833074977 or simply fill in your name and number & one of our team member will get in touch with you soon. Our team of experts along with Dr. Arohi Tasgaonkar, MS (ObGy), DNB (ObGy), and one of the best C Section delivery doctor in thane will help you out in understanding your problem and guide you through every stage of your treatment.